No one wants to feel like gu on Saturdays for their long training runs (runner joke, ba dum chhh), so in trying to be a good student of the marathon, I’ve been enjoying some Friday nights in. I’m not going to tell you which of these things I’ve actually done on Friday nights, because that would be embarrassing. But, if you find yourself home on a Friday night, prepping for a training run or simply detoxing from a social week/month/year/life, here are some things to keep you entertained:
- Feel really productive by getting your run essentials ready. [Not pictured: water + chocolate coconut water for post-run]
- Try to think of how this substitute teacher would pronounce your name while taking attendance. “Where is A-A-Ron right now?”
- Watch Dateline. This could be a terrible idea if you live alone and are prone to nightmares.
- Read Amanda Bynes’ Twitter feed.
- Lose yourself in time and space on Humans of New York, my new favorite site. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll try to figure out where the photog hangs out so you can meet him. What? [I'm trying to think of a project inspired by HONY to assign my students. If you have ideas, please comment!]
- Die laughing while reading Reasons My Son is Crying. “I wouldn’t let her play with the bag of dog poop.”
- Read your detailed monthly horoscope on Astrology Zone. Wonder what Mercury being in retrograde actually means and why the universe always thinks that you’re contemplating buying real estate.
- Watch My So-Called Life on Netflix. Reflect/come to terms with the fact that there was only one season, then watch this:
- Watch all of the Kid President videos.
- Do a handstand.
What do you do on Friday nights in?
[Claire Danes’ cry face]